Contact Sure Start Maternity Grant Officials
In addition to Maternity Allowance payments, which are designed to make it easier for new mums to spend time with their babies without suffering financially in the process, you may be eligible for a one-off grant that is intended to help with the initial costs involved with having a child. To find out whether you qualify, you can call 0843 506 0437, which is the Sure Start Maternity Grant Contact Number, during office hours and speak to one of the officials who administers this particular benefit. In the meantime, please feel free to read the short guide that follows, which we have put together to help expectant mothers work out whether they may be entitled to claim.
Are You Eligible for This Benefit?
If you are expecting your first child, you may well be eligible. On the other hand, if you already have 1 or more children in your household, you will not normally be able to claim this grant unless you are expecting more than one child (twins or triplets, for example). To qualify, you or your partner must also currently receive one of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Employment & Support Allowance
- Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (More Than Just the Family Element)
- Working Tax Credit Related to Disability or Severe Disablement
- Universal Credit
If you are claiming benefits but are not sure if you qualify, call the Sure Star Maternity Grant number during business hours and ask for clarification. Just let them know what you are currently receiving in the way of state benefits and they will be able to let you know if you are entitled to a grant.
Sure Start Maternity Grant FAQ
Below, you will find some of the most frequently asked questions about this grant, along with answers that are correct at the time of writing.
- Can I Claim if I Am Adopting a Child? – Yes. If you meet the other criteria mentioned above and the child in question is less than a year old at the time, you will be able to make a claim. If you are in the process of adopting a child and would like to clarify your situation, call the Sure Start Grant Number to ask for assistance.
- Can I Claim if I Am Appointed Guardian to a Child? – Again, if the child is under a year old at the time and you meet the previously mentioned criteria the answer is yes, you may make a claim.
- How Much Will I Get? – If your claim is approved, you will receive £500, paid directly into your bank, building society or credit union account.
- Do I Have to Repay the Grant? – No, you do not have to repay the money that you receive.
If you have any further questions about this benefit, call the Sure Start Maternity Grant Contact Number at the top of the page and you can get all the information you need.